Become a Part of the Raleigh Boychoir
The Raleigh Boychoir is always eager to welcome new boys into our program! Each year the choir holds scheduled auditions when boys and their parents can come to the Raleigh Boychoir Center, learn more about the choir, and audition with the artistic directors. This is a low-key audition, and no materials need to be prepared in advance. The artistic directors are looking for boys with unchanged voices (generally ages 7-12) and young men through high school age who demonstrate the following traits in their audition:
- A clear, pleasant singing voice
- Innate musical ability
- High level of interest and indication of willingness for real commitment
- Potential stage presence
- Parents or guardians who will support the boy in the Raleigh Boychoir program
As a music education organization, the Raleigh Boychoir is dedicated to working with each boy to help him develop to his full potential.
Tuition for all choirs is due on a year-round basis. Tuition for the 2017-2018 season is as follows:
- $1440/semester ($120/month) for the Performing Choir; and
- $1320/semester ($110/month) for the Resident Choir; and
- $1260/year ($105/month) for the Training Choir; and
- $960/semester ($80/month) for the Young Men’s Ensemble
Tuition must be current in order to continue participation in the Raleigh Boychoir.
Tuition is reduced for families with two or more boys participating in the choirs.
Need-based financial aid is available. Please contact the RBC office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Rehearsal attire (RBC black polo, khaki pants/shorts)
- Performance attire (varies by choir)
- Information about attire is available at the RBC Center. Consignments may also be available.
- $75 Robe Fee (one time maintenance fee)
- Tours – Cost varies with destination
- Performing Choir: Mondays 4:30 – 6:30pm
- Young Men’s Ensemble: Mondays 5:30-7:15pm
- Training Choir: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:00pm
- Resident Choir: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:30pm
Register for an Audition
To audition for the Raleigh Boychoir, fill out the form below to register for a session or to make an appointment.